Okay, at first I was completely overwhelmed with trying to decide what topic I might possibly know more about than the average internet fanatic who posts tons of information on a regular basis. But then I calmed down once I realized that everyone doesn’t obsess over the same things. I began to think about some of my favorite things: movies, books, music…MUSIC! Aha!
My favorite band is a group called Gomez. Heard of them? If you haven’t that’s alright because pretty much every single person that I’ve talked to about music has no idea what I’m talking about. (Just in case you’re wondering, they’re a British rock/alternative band) So naturally I figured I could refresh the information posted on their Wikipedia page. And I felt a duty to spread the Gomez love to other music lovers out there. So if you haven’t checked them out, you should.
Once I decided what I was going to add to the page, the editing process was pretty easy. The template is very user friendly and you simply type in the new text. Then by following the example of the rest of the text, you learn the symbols needed to make certain words italics or links. And the fact that you don’t have to type in any html language or web addresses as long as the entry already exists within the system is great.
I can see why the wiki format is becoming so popular. It’s extremely easy to participate and is very useful. Here is the previous article, my edited version and the live page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment