Okay, staying within the journalism world, my dream job as a journalist would be a successful entertainment reporter. Given the fact that I love everything about “the biz,” I wouldn’t want to be tied down to one area. Idealistically, I would be able to write about all aspects of the business including, but not limited to, film, television and music. I would love to be able to write all sorts of articles like reviews, profiles, and features.
I am open to the idea of going into both the magazine and online side of the business, but given that I’m still pretty new to the whole online thing I haven’t really given that much thought to possible entertainment websites I would like to report for that aren’t already associated with an established publication. But in terms of magazine possibilities, I would love to write for Vanity Fair or Entertainment Weekly. I read them both and am always interested in what they have to say. They both currently have pretty interactive websites (especially EW) as well.
Another side of my dream job is to be a freelance entertainment reporter. More specifically, I would really love to have a syndicated weekly column about the entertainment business and pop culture in general.
Basically, I’m just really hoping to find a job where I can do something different everyday and learn about things that interest me. I’ve always been a film junkie (or nerd) so it’s always been the obvious career path for me. I love learning new things and obsessing over films and tv shows I love, so getting to work with people who feel the same way and getting the opportunity to communicate with the entire world would be a dream come true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment