Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My Favorite Sites

Okay, so of course I frequently check my facebook and myspace accounts to keep in contact with my friends but I'm not going to count those sites on this list. Why you needed to know this...I don't know. But there you go.

The Internet Movie Database
I love film. Everything about it. The creative side, the business side, the gossip side (guilty) to some extent, just everything. That's why I am also studying cinema-television here at USC and why I love imdb.com so much. I don't know exactly what profession I will end up with but I know I want it to be something related to the industry. I like to keep up with developing projects and who's doing what film. The site allows me to do this and also gives daily entertainment news and background information on any actor. And it has come in very handy when I'm watching something on TV and I recognize someone but I can't quite figure out where I know him/her from. Whenever that happens to me it's really hard for me to continue watching without figuring it out. I can always relax more once I remember, so imdb has saved me many times from agonizing over an unidentified face for hours. :)

People
Keeping with my entertainment obsessions, I admit that I incessantly visit people.com. I just really like to keep up with pop culture and I mean we do live in LA so it's kind of hard not to be surrounded by it. And while I shallowly like to look at the site's "Star Tracks" there are other entertainment news stories on the site that supply useful information about the business. I also really like the design of the webpage. There is a lot of different things to look at but it is organized in a simple way where it's easy to navigate. But did you know that Marilyn Manson is supposedly dating Evan Rachel Wood now? Shocking, I know. But who wouldn't want to know that? :)

LA Times
Last, but not least, I like to try and keep up with current events so I check latimes.com frequently. While I never have time to read as many articles as I should I like to at least get the gist of what's going on in the news everyday. Then I pick and choose what jumps out at me the most. But checking this site is important so that I keep up with what's going on in the world. And I like how if you find a story you really enjoyed you can easily email it to another person by just clicking a link.

No comments: